Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Chicken Tikka Masala

I've recently taken a liking to Indian food.  A few months ago my sisters introduced me to Masala.... of all types.  Their favorite is Chicken Tikka Masala.  I've had some Paneer Masala and some Beef Masala that's pretty rockin' though.  Anyway, I found a recipe for their favorite and decided to give it a try.  All organic (except one onion, but don't worry, it was local!)

The recipe can be found here.  The only thing I would change about the sauce itself is to add more chilies (I like it spicy) and add about 1/3 cup more heavy cream.  It really was quite delicious!

The organic tomato products (while no longer online, Whole Foods has coupons for Muir Glen products that expire 5/31/11, you can obtain them from the Mambo Sprouts newsletter at the front of the store.  I scored this tomato paste for $.19!):
 The organic cream (Organic Valley is often offering coupons on their products as well, "like" them on Facebook to be notified of new coupons!)
 And the finished product.  I loved the sauce, but need something to do to the rice to make it more flavorful.  The naan was store bought (I did make some a few weeks ago that was great, but didn't want to do too much in one day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment