Thursday, May 5, 2011

Stonyfield Goodness

Today after work, I needed a Whole Foods mini-vaca. The past few days have been a little stressful and I just needed an evening to wander the aisles. I went to the one off of Park Ln in Dallas with the intention to wander, get some dinner from the to go area, and eat outside on the patio. Unfortunately, their salad bar was not looking so good as it was almost closing time, so I went to get a frozen treat to go. I grabbed their coupon book and they had one for Stonyfield Farm frozen yogurt, which was also on sale, and brought it home. YUMMY! I didn't know much about Stonyfield Farm so I did a little research.

Apparently, their products are all organic. They used to be an actual farm with cows and fields but now just process the food using ingredients from their local farmers. The fro-yo was delish! I also found out the same company that makes Oikos Greek yogurt, which is also organic. I love Greek yogurt because it has more protein so it fills you up longer. Now truth be told, my fav Greek yogurt is Chobani but it's not organic.

The SF website also discusses their humane treatment of cows. See below for some clips from their website. All in all, I am becoming a fan of Stoneyfield Farm.

Humane animal treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment