Sunday, June 5, 2011

Raw Detox - Never Again

So, you may scroll down and notice my "Raw Food Detox - Day 1" post. Funny thing, I've tried the raw food diet over and over again.  It did always give me lots of energy and I have lost weight with it.  But, guess, what?  It is hard - really hard - to maintain.  I tried to do this detox with only the goal of lasting a few days.  I had 2.5 days of raw, and then dove head first into a piece of birthday cake that was offered me at work. 

I think the lesson I've learned is that when you cut too much out of your diet, you end up craving everything even more.  I admire people who decide they can never eat something again and then actually follow through with it.  However, I'm not one of those people.

So, I'm going to stop trying.  Instead, I'll go back to eating whole, fresh foods in a balanced diet. 

Some lessons have to be learned over and over again before they stick!

No comments:

Post a Comment