Thursday, July 14, 2011

Chipotle

Anyone who knows me probably knows that Chipotle is my favorite place to eat out.  Not only is their food fantastic, but they use humanely treated animals, organic and local when possible- they call this Food With Integrity.  I love this concept and ate at Chipotle long before I cared about where my food came from- because it as delicious.  Crunchy and non-crunchy folk alike can love Chipotle.  My usually picky almost 2 year old LOVES Chipotle, and we go there about once week after story time.  We order one bowl and he eats half.  It's about $7 for the bowl, so we feed both of us for just $7!  Who says well treated animals and local, organic food can't be cheap?

Their menu is basic.  Rice, beans, meat and various toppings including cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, lettuce, corn, etc.  You can have it in burrito fashion, as a salad, or in a bowl, which is how I always get mine (kind of an upside-down salad, if you will.)  You control how much or how little of the toppings you want and if they have the ingredients, they'll make it for you.  So while quesadillas aren't on their menu- I've seen plenty of customers order and enjoy them!

They also offer a fairly good selection of drinks, plus chips and guacamole!



 This is what I order every time.  Rice, black beans, barbacoa (so yum!), pico de gallo, corn, sour cream, lettuce.  Then I take half and give it to my son!


No comments:

Post a Comment