Sunday, August 28, 2011

My 100% Organic Meal

I made a 100% organic meal last week, which for me is a big deal. Heidi is so good at this eat crunchy thing, but I am still adjusting. But like her post said the other day about trying things little by little, small changes can lead to good outcomes. So I made a taco salad with lots of yummy organic things - lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, cheese (I didn't know there was such a thing as organic cheese until this meal), parsley, etc. This was also the first time I had cooked meat following my viewing of Food Inc. I went to Whole Foods and found some meat from animals that had been treated well. Something about the labels just made me feel better. Apparently their is an entire rating system with 5 different levels, but I could only find beef at level 1. Even at that level, though, the animals were not caged and mistreated and that helped me feel better.





I was also reminded how much I love Whole Foods. I have been in the middle of a move and my normal routine has been disrupted. Also, where I am staying, there are no Whole Foods in sight so I have missed wandering around the store, reading about ANDI's labels, and breathing in the health that seems to reside there.

No comments:

Post a Comment