Monday, September 12, 2011

Artichoke Tapenade

I recently made a really delicious tapenade!  It was super delicious, fresh tasting, and pretty healthy for a snack!

1/2 tsp lemon zent
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 can artichokes in water
1/4 cup loosely packed fresh parsley
1 peeled garlic clove
1/2 cup pitted green olives (I bought a whole can, but didn't need it all- these are also available at the olive bar at Central Market or Whole Foods)
1 Tbsp drained capers
5 Tbsp olive oil

Drain artichokes and pat dry.  Combine all ingredients in a food processor (I have a small manual one that I used for this recipe) and process until you get desired consistency.  I served these on whole wheat crostinis (whole wheat bread, sliced, sprinkled with olive oil, toasted in the oven until crispy.)  Target had the whole wheat french loaf bread in the bakery, but I might try my hand at making my own soon.

This was so good, it was addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment