Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Boom in Food Allergies?

I'm not sure if there is a boom in food allergies the past few years, or if there is simply a better ability to diagnose and "treat" them- but I feel like I have heard numerous news stories and personal stories of allergies.  Airlines and schools going peanut free, a better availability of coconut, rice, goat milk, gluten free products hitting mainstream stores, etc are just some symptoms of an increase in allergies.

I stumbled across this article today and I took particular interest in it as my son is biracial.  My husband has a sensitivity to milk and soon after our son was born, he developed eczema, which we learned is most common among black children.

Interestingly- our son's eczema has become easier to control as he has naturally consumed less cow's milk and taken a greater interest in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment