Saturday, September 3, 2011

Crockpot Garlic Chicken

Wanting to use up some organic drumsticks I had in the freezer, but not having much in the house since it was the day before shopping day- I turned to the trusty internet and found a recipe for 40 Garlic Clove Chicken.  To be honest, I didn't have that much garlic, so I'm going to call mine 22 Clove Chicken.  This recipe was super simple.

One onion, sliced- layer in the bottom of the crock pot
Chicken drumsticks sprinkled with Paprika
Obscene amounts of peeled garlic gloves on top

Crock pot that bad boy on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.

What you will have is a chicken scented in garlicocity.  Delicious and succulent.  The family determined something like this should not be served alone, it would be best served with a light gravy over rice.  Now to find a healthy gravy....

1 comment:

  1. I make all sorts of gravies/pan sauces that aren't extremely unhealthy. I simply use a healthy oil instead of butter or shortening, whole wheat flour instead of white, and veggie or chicken stock for the liquid. It can be flavored a zillion ways after that. :)

    ReplyDelete