Tuesday, October 11, 2011

No Meat Mondays! Easy Bean Tostadas

I've been trying to reduce the amount of meat we eat.  My husband loves meat, he's a meat and potatoes kind of guy- so sometimes it's difficult to find something equally filling and delicious so he won't miss the meat.  Here is a great recipe for everyone, even your big meat eater.

Easy Bean Tostadas
12 corn tortillas
2 cans black beans
Taco Seasoning
toppings (lettuce, tomato, bell peppers, sour cream, cheese, salsa, etc)

Place a little canola oil in a pan and fry the corn tortillas for just a few seconds on each side.  Just enough until they become stiffened and a little hard.

Place drained and rinsed black beans in a pan and set on low or medium low depending on how quickly you need to heat them up.  Add about a tablespoon of taco seasoning to beans (add what you want to get the flavor you'd like.  I added enough to make the beans a stronger flavor since I knew I would be topping them with so many veggies, I wanted the flavor to stand out.)

Then just layer and build your tostadas!  Corn tortilla, some black beans, and toppings as desired.  I liked that this is a play on tacos so you can use the same ingredients, but make the meal seem a little different.

No comments:

Post a Comment