Thursday, May 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

So for Mother's Day, I had my family over for some food and some Xbox fun.  For dessert, I opted to make a Chocolate Chip Banana Bread based on a recipe I found in Clean Eating Magazine.  It was so delicious.  The bread was moist and had so much sweet flavor, it was quite a treat.  Here is what I used to make my recipe:




1.5 cups whole-wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp nutmeg
2 tbsps ground flaxseed
4 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork (3 probably would have been fine, but I had 4 in the freezer)
1 egg
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (using my homemade applesauce)
1/2 cup raw, local honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips



Place banana in bowl and mashed with a fork.  Add wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.  Create a small well in the wet ingredients and place dry ingredients in the well, mixing the dry ingredients together first, and then mixing all the ingredients together.  Stir in chocolate.  Place in loaf pan (mine was a traditional bread loaf pan) and bake in 350 degree oven until set.  Mine took about an hour.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! I love Tosca Reno & Clean Eating Magazine. I have a couple of her cookbooks as well!

    ReplyDelete